Happy Thanksgiving to all! Our class is busy preparing for the upcoming holidays. We are learning new things and improving our skills, too!
Weekly Note Grade 3-5
|Date Assigned for Homework||Date to Be Recited|
|11/16/18||Hymn 588:1 (p 24)||11/21/18|
|11/19/18||John 11:25-26a (p 26)||11/20/18|
|11/20/18||John 14:19b (p 28)||11/21/18|
|11/21/18||Hymn 152:1-2 (p 27)||11/30/18|
|Monday||The Daughter of Jairus|
|Tuesday||The Young Man of Nain|
Spelling Words: Unit 12
|Grade 3||Grade 4||Grade 5|
Tests & Projects Due
|Third Grade||Fourth Grade||Fifth Grade|
|Science Test||Math Test|
|Wednesday||Spelling Test||Spelling Test||Spelling Test|
On the Radar Screen. . .next test for 3-5 in
Math 3: Division; test week of November 19
Math 4: Multiply with 2 digits; test week of November 26
Math 5: Division by 2-Digit Divisor; test week of November 19
English 3-4: Writing a How-to Article
English 5: Writing a How-to Article
Reading 3-4: Current Novel: The Little House in the Big Woods
Reading 5-6 Current Novel: The Sign of the Beaver; project due date December 6
Social Studies 3-4: The Southeast; test week of December 3
Social Studies 5: Next unit begins after current science unit
Science 3-4: Energy; test week of November 19
Science 5: Properties of Light; text week of November 26
!!! Last Week’s Highlights
- WINTER WEATHER: Boy, what a shock! Winter weather is here. Coats, hats, and mittens are necessary for recess play. Frostbite is no joke. Think ahead to boots and snow pants, which will be needed as soon as snow remains on the ground. Help us keep your children healthy and ready to learn all afternoon. Your child’s comfort and health are important to us.
- PICTURE RETAKE DAY will be Tuesday, November 20. If you want your child’s picture retaken, please return the first picture packet and a new order slip to school.
- COLD LUNCH/FAMILY LUNCH is Wednesday, November 21. Change of plans? It is not too late to sign up. Send an email or text message. Thank you. REMINDER: no use of microwaves on this day.
- CHRISTMAS SERVICE MEMORY WORK is under way! We are working on choral speaking parts in school. Students received their individual parts over a week ago. Each child must recite his/her part to me twice. Time is set aside on Monday-Thursday for this reciting. Our Christmas service is Thursday, December 13. Our first group rehearsal will be on November 21.
- Don’t forget, SPELLING words, practice tests, and games are available at spellingcity.com . Just search for my name, Debra Bakken, and scroll down the list.
- MATH practice may be found at connected.mcgraw-hill.com . Mr. Bakken has provided login information. If you have lost this information, text Mr. Bakken.
- READING 5: Our current book is the novel is Sign of the Beaver, by Elizabeth George Speare. Project is due December 6.
- PHONE NUMBERS: If you need to reach one of the teachers during the day, please send a text message. Bakken 507-995-9431; Mrs. Bakken 507-381-8767
- BOOK ORDER CODE for our class is LHX2V. Book orders are due by 11/20/18.
Monday, November 19 Children’s Choir 3:15 PM
Tuesday, November 20 Basketball Practice 3:00 PM
Wednesday, November 21 NO Band Lessons
COLD LUNCH DAY/FAMILY LUNCH
NO Band Rehearsal
Thanksgiving Eve Worship 6:30 PM
(Children’s Choir sings.)
Thursday, November 23 NO SCHOOL
Thanksgiving Worship 9:00 AM
Friday, November 24 NO SCHOOL
December 3 Messy Monday
December 5 Advent Services begin
December 6 Basketball @ Arlington
December 8 Redwood Falls Basketball Tournament
December 10 Mid-quarter Grades
December 11 Basketball vs Hutchinson
December 12 Midweek Advent Worship
December 13 LES Christmas Service
Quote of the Week: Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.—Daniel J. Boorstin
Word of the Week: truth Pontius Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth?”