Come and have a look at what we are learning right now! From art to social studies, we are busy every day. We are springing into fall-weather activities. Our A-team in soccer took first place in last week’s tournament. Sweatshirts and jackets are back in our lockers.
Weekly Note Grade 3-5
|Date Assigned for Homework||Date to Be Recited|
|9/17/18||Catechism 2, (p 33)*||9/24/18|
|9/21/18||Hymn 38:13 (p 6)||9/28/18|
|9/24/18||4th Commandment & Ephesians 6:1 (p 8)||9/25/18|
|9//24/18||*Catechism # 3 (p 33)||10/1/18|
|9/26/18||John 1:29b & *Romans 3:20 (p 9)||9/27/18|
|9/28/18||Hymn 304:1 (p 9)||10/5/18|
|Monday & Tuesday||Twelve Year Old Jesus|
|Wednesday & Thursday||John Preaches Repentance|
Spelling Words: Unit 4
|Grade 3||Grade 4||Grade 5|
Tests & Projects Due
|Third Grade||Fourth Grade||Fifth-Sixth Grade|
|Monday||Reading Test Unit 1|
|Tuesday||Social Studies Test on Early Dakota|
|Thursday||English Test Chapter 7 Sentences Reading Project Due|
|Friday||Spelling Test||Spelling Test||Spelling Test|
On the Radar Screen. . .next test for 3-5 in
Math 3: Addition; test week of October 1
Math 4: Addition & Subtraction; test week of October 1
Math 5: Multiplying Whole Numbers
English 3-4: Writing: Personal Narrative
English 5: Sentences: week of September 24
Reading 3-4: Sarah, Plain and Tall
Reading 5-6 Current Novel: Green as in Spring Time, New Life, and God’s Will; project due week of September 24
Social Studies 3-4: First unit begins after science test.
Social Studies 5: Early Dakota; test week of September 24
Science 3-4: The Sun, Moon, and Stars; test week of October 1
Science 5: The Solar System; test TBA
!!! Last Week’s Highlights
- On Thursday we heard a presentation by Missionary John Roebke. We heard just how hard it is to live and do mission work in Malawi, which is on the east side of the African continent. Pastor Roebke told about how people there have very little, but they are super happy to have Jesus!
- In ART we did leaf printing. Come up to our hallway and see our work on display.
- KWIK TRIP KWIK BOOKS: September’s goal is two chapter books (not comic books). There still is time to work for that free salad or slice of pizza!
- MATH practice may be found at connected.mcgraw-hill.com . Mr. Bakken has provided login information at home visits. If you have lost this information, text Mr. Bakken.
- READING 5: Our first book is the novel Green as in Springtime, New Life, and God’s Will, by Linda J. Niedfeldt. Project is due September 27.
- SPELLING words, practice tests, and games are available at spellingcity.com . Just search for my name, Debra Bakken, and scroll down the list. The first number is the unit number, and the second number is the grade. So 1/3 is Unit 1 for grade 3. Note, I am not a “premium customer,” so only free games are available to your child.
- MISSION OFFERINGS this semester are going to Asia Lutheran Seminary to train pastors for mission work in Asia. Please remember to BRING YOUR OFFERING THIS FRIDAY.
- PHONE NUMBERS: If you need to reach one of the teachers during the day, please send a text message. Bakken 507-995-9431; Mrs. Bakken 507-381-8767
- BOOK ORDER CODE for our class is LHX2V. Book orders are due by 10/20/18.
Monday, September 24 Children’s Choir 3:15 PM
Tuesday, September 25 Soccer @ Arlington 4:00 PM
Wednesday, September 26 Band Lessons
Band Rehearsal 3:00 PM
Thursday, September 27 Soccer @ Risen Savior (A 3:30 PM, B 4:30 PM)
Worship Service 7:00 PM
Friday, September 28 Mission Collection for Asia Lutheran Seminary
All School Devotion 8:05 AM
September 29 MLC Soccer Tourney
October 1 Mid-quarter grades
October 3-5 Testing
October 5 Cross Country Meet at MVL
October 11 Picture Day
October 17 Parent Pick up Day
October 18-19 Teachers Conference: NO SCHOOL
Quote of the Week: Loving a child does not mean giving in to all of his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult.—Nadia Boulanger
Word of the Week: reward Jesus won our heavenly reward for us.