Handbook – Saint Peter Lutheran School
Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran School is part of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School system, which spans this country and also reaches into other countries. Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran Kindergarten was established in October 1994 by resolution of Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church in response to the Lord’s command to “FEED MY LAMBS.” In April 1997 the Church voted to expand the kindergarten through third grade beginning in the 1997-1998 school year. In the fall of 2000, grades four to eight were added to the school. Thus, the responsibility for programming and maintenance belongs to the congregation. The direct responsibility for the supervision and direction of the school rests upon the Christian Education Committee. The Christian Education Committee carries out the desires of the congregation, also making recommendations for improvement and growth. Since the school is an arm of the church, the supreme head of the school is Christ, who is Head of the Church.
Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran School exists to serve as an arm of the congregation to nurture faith which began at baptism, to equip children to serve their Lord, and to reach out to the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran School will continue to partner with families in providing a quality Christian education where students can grow spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally. Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran School will continue to teach the Word of God in its truth and purity and use God’s Word as the foundation for its curriculum. Our school family will grow together in faith and love for one another and in service to the community. Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran School is committed to:
1. Guarding the precious truth of the Gospel as it is taught throughout our curriculum.
2. Providing a Christian education that prepares our students both spiritually and academically.
3. Implementing the proper use of technology by students and teachers including both current technology and upcoming changes in technology.
4. Ensuring that the appropriate staff is in place to carry out various school and church duties.
5. Serving as an active mission arm of Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church and maintaining an active presence in the community.
6. Increasing enrollment in our school.
7. Maintaining WELSSA accreditation.