“Little Lambs” is a Christian preschool administered under the direction of Saint Peter Lutheran Church. It is located in the educational wing of the church at 427 W. Mulberry St., St. Peter, MN.
The school is licensed and inspected by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Director: James Bakken
- Minister of Music and Education Graduate of Dr. Martin Luther College, New Ulm, MN and Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
Teacher: Melissa Voigt
- Graduate of Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
- Creative Play
- Art Experiences
- Bible Stories and Lessons
- Story-telling and Listening
- Social Learning
- Cooperative Experiences
- Exploring Nature and Science
- Field Trips
- Introduction to Spanish
- Large Motor Skill Development
- Introduction to Computer
Purpose and Goals
The purpose of the preschool is to aid in the child’s spiritual, mental, social, emotional, and physical development. To accomplish this, our goals are:
- To teach the child about God and his plan of salvation
- To acquaint the child with letter and number concepts
- To develop the use of language
- To encourage creativity through art and music
- To foster cooperation and respect for others through social learning experiences
- To aid in exploring the environment through indoor and outdoor play
We provide both enrichment experiences to foster self-confidence, and new experiences which allow the child to question, seek and explore. The program strives to teach independence, responsibility, cooperative and self-awareness within the framework of Christian teaching.
Children three years of age (by September 1) up to Kindergarten are eligible. Priority is given to children from our congregation. Children must be toilet trained to attend.
*A registration fee (non-refundable) equaling the first month’s tuition must accompany the application form.
Scheduled individual conferences are available at the beginning, middle and end of the school year.